Main structures and Working principle
2.1 Main structure
This equipment is composed of flushing device, screen net, water distribution box, inlet and outlet pipe, scum board, frame, drum cover and transmission device. The sewage flows into the filter cylinder from the water tank, the clean water flows out through the filter net and the outlet tank, the residue will be trapped in the drum and guided into the discharge port through the slag guiding plate. During the working time, the flushing work has been done discontinuity. The drum cover is moveable. It is sealed when operation normally and can be opened to clean the drum screen when there is something wrong.
- The screen net of the Drum Filter can achieve self-cleaning when operation, it operates slowly and stably, the screen net cannot be blocked, the energy consumption is little, the noise is low, the grid gap is small, and through the fluid diversion, the separation efficiency can reach over 97%.
- The upper cover of the Drum Filter is detachable, so the installation of the screen net is very easy. The connecting part is sealed by rubber, and the connecting area together with the input and output shaft must not leak.
- The drive device is set on one side of the Drum Filter. The direct connection of the reducer and the drum shaft can make it operate flexibly, stably, reliably and no abnormal noise. The drive device uses the high quality reducer, and the reliable sealing of all seam crossings of the gearing box can prevent the water and dirt entering and the lubricant flowing out. The brand of the reducer is Bonfiglioli / Rotomotive. The drive motor is applied for 415V, 3 phase and 50Hz, its protect level is IP54, its insulation level is F level, the rated power of the motor is 10% bigger than the maximum real power, and its rotation speed is less than 1500 r/min.
- The support shafts on both sides of the Drum Filter use Chinese famous brand. These shafts have good performance, they operate stably with long service time, so that extending the service time of the Drum Filter.
- 5 Under the condition of the large water head between the inside and outside, Drum Filter has enough strength and stiffness to prevent grid bar and rotary parts bending or influencing the function of intercepting waste.
- The Drum Filter has the flushing device whose position can be adjusted. The flushing device is composed of several flushing pipes with nozzles.
- The Drum Filter has the thermal overload protection in electrical design to ensure to prevent the motor being burnt out when there is something is wrong with the equipment.
- The slag removal mechanism is composed of scraper blade, support frame and springs. It can clean the slag completely. During the period of cleaning slag, the buffer action of the spring can prevent the drum and the scraper plate blocking, so the design is more reasonable.
- The noise of the Drum Filter is less than 78Db (A). The Drum Filter can operate discontinuous, and the operation time can be adjusted. So it can achieve periodic operation.
2.2 Working principle
The drum does the rotary motion driving by the transmission device. The sewage flows into the water tank from the inlet pipe, leaks out uniformity from the export, the solid materials in the sewage falling on the outer of the rotating drum will be intercepted by the screen net, the water will flow into the water collecting tank through the screen net, the intercepted solid materials will be scraped automatically in the outside of the screen net, the drum continues to rotate, the solid materials attached on the outside of the screen net will be separated from the drum quickly, so as to improve the production efficiency. The flushing device is composed of flushing pipes and nozzles. The high pressure water will spray to the drum through nozzles like fans with high speed. The solid materials attached on the drum will be flushed quickly, and form a continuous and no blocking filtration area. The equipment has many advantages like high efficiency, large capacity, clear filter and so on.
Benefits of Rotary Drum Screen :
- Designed for pump flows and eliminates basic need for civil construction of channels.
- Customized to suit into existing infrastructure and specific desires of waste material treatment method.
- Rotary Screen specifically built to supply Membrane Biological Reactor Protection.
- Superior fine screening to guard sensitive downstream treatment processes.
Features of Rotary Drum Screen :
- Best suited for MBR and MBBR
- Large flows possible
- Removes solids from SEWAGE
- Recovers solid product from all process
- Prevents blinding or clogging of screen
- Variable-speed drum rotation maximizes effectiveness also possible
- Full-length water knife dislodges trapped solids
- Wedgewire screen apertures 100 micron to 3 mm
- Punched hole possible from 0.5 mm to 3 mm
- Handles oily, greasy, fibrous or resinous matter
- Drum is the only moving part, reducing cost, maintenance
- New self-cleaning arrangement
- Reduced floor space requirements
- Low head room requirements
- Fewer moving parts
- Variable speed drive also possible
- Automatic backwash also possible
- Low operating & maintenance costs
- Low initial investment
- Baffle flow plate director
Technical Details :
|Sr. no||Model||0.1 mm||0.25 mm||0.5 mm||0.75 mm||1 mm||1.5 mm||2 mm||2.5 mm||3 mm||Power (kw)|